Benefits of Bone Broth
Bone broth is not new, but it has become very popular again over the past few years, because of its benefits! What is bone broth though? It was a way our ancestors used the whole animal - bones and marrow, skin and feet, tendons and ligaments that you can’t eat directly, can be boiled and then simmered over a period of days.
There are six major health benefits of bone broth, including gut health and reducing inflammation.
- Joint Health - bone broth is a leading source of collagen, the protein found in animal vertebrae. As we age, the cartilage between our joints diminishes from wear and tear, but collagen helps restore the cartilage.
- Gut Health - Bone broth also contains gelatin, which is beneficial for restoring our gut lining and fighting food sensitivities, increasing probiotics, and reducing gut inflammation.
- Skin Health - Collagen helps form elastin, which is responsible for skin's youthful look, texture and appearance, by reducing the visible signs of wrinkles, decreasing puffiness and fighting various other signs of aging.
- Immune Health - through its gut healing powers, bone broth also promotes healthy immune system function by reducing inflammation.
- Detoxification - bone broth stock contains minerals that help support cellular and liver detoxification.
- Metabolic health - amino acids found in bone broth have metabolic roles including supporting muscle tissues, bone density and nutrient absorption.
There you have it! Bone broth is low in calories, but high in nutrients, and literally supports our entire body from our brain to our gut! It can be included in the diet as soup, or a drink, and just a few days a week will make a difference.
Follow this link here for a recipe - https://draxe.com/recipe/beef-bone-broth/
For a more in-depth look into the benefits of bone broth, follow this link - https://draxe.com/the-healing-power-of-bone-broth-for-digestion-arthritis-and-cellulite/