July Member Success Story
Recently I had the pleasure of speaking with a newer HAWA Member who engaged in the program to make a significant change to his lifestyle, using the Advanced HAWA Services. In 6 short months, an amazing health transformation occurred. This interview focuses on this members journey toward success. Read on to learn more through this interview and let's give a round of applause to all the HAWA members taking positive steps towards making and achieving their personal healthcare goals!
1. Thank you for sharing your story with our readers, I'm curious, when did you begin your HAWA Journey?
I began my healthy HAWA journey in January of this year. I was feeling tired all the time. I didn’t have a lot of energy to get through the day and then I woke up and decided I wanted to take back my health and do something about it!
2. What an amazing realization! Which HAWA Providers have you worked with to achieve your goals?
I have worked with the Fitness Specialist, Nurse and Health Coordinator who have provided me with support regarding my healthy goals. They have offered me nutrition guidelines as well as recipes and fitness tips, which is lovely when you are getting back in the swing of things, again.
3. I'm really glad you worked with a variety of HAWA Providers; we see that collaboration offering the highest level of support and success. What was your original goal(s) when you began working with HAWA?
My original goal was to be healthy and not focus on my weight, but focus on the idea of lifestyle change and being more active. I work out 4 to 5 times a week, and I do things I enjoy. If I do not work out I feel terrible, so no matter what time I do it in the day, I make it a priority to do so.
4. You are a role model for your level of commitment! Have you accomplished your goal(s)?
I have not accomplished my goal because this is a lifelong battle and a lifestyle change that is a part of my lifelong goals.
5. That's a great point. It's wise of you to realize it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. I'm curious though, would you feel comfortable sharing how much weight you've lost since you started the HAWA Program?
Since working with HAWA, I have lost a total of 50 pounds. I am very excited about the increased energy levels and productivity!
6. That's a remarkable achievement. Have you seen any other health benefits that you can associate with your weight loss?
The biggest health benefit I have seen is a boost in energy during the day and improved quality of sleep at night. I have also seen my blood pressure go down into the healthy normal range. My back and joint pain is improving every day, from the strain I put on them from being overweight for many years.
7. Thank you for sharing, that is very encouraging to hear. How have your HAWA Providers helped you work towards your goals?
The support I have received from my HAWA providers support is unmatched. I have received email and phone calls weekly, regarding my health goals. I have had a lot of support from them, and they have helped me create a plan and a goal to make me, a better me.
8. We appreciate knowing that the support our HAWA Providers lend, truly has benefited you. What tools were you provided with?
My HAWA providers have given me many helpful tools like recipes and a fitbit activity tracker and scale, that has made it very easy for me to track my health goals and heart rate. I appreciate those helpful tools that help me take my health to the next levels.
9. I'm glad those tools are effective. How do your providers keep you accountable?
My HAWA providers have kept me accountable by communicating with me about my health, and making a strategic plan to help enhance my health goals as well.
10. You've done such a great job and have an amazing attitude, what would you recommend for other HAWA members who just started the program?
Stay true to yourself and your plan. Stay consistent in your goals and try not to be tied down to the scale; it is about how you feel both inside and out.
Thank you for being willing to share the details of your success journey. We are thankful to have the opportunity to be on this journey with you and cheering you on. You are an inspiration and testament at what is achievable in 6 short months. we look forward to continuing this journey and aim to support you with your ongoing year-round curriculum.